- 1 whole medium size chicken or 500g chicken leg fillet or chicken drumstick or 2 chicken breast
- 5 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 birds eye red chilli or 1 teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cloves
- 5 whole cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seed ( methi)
- ½ cup coriander
- 3 tbsp Palau masala
1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 cups Basmati rice (measuring rice cooker cups)
- 8 cups warm water (only to add when cooking Rice and meat together)
- 1 cup extra water for cooking meat.
- 4 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
Heat oil and ghee together in a big pot; throw in gloves, cardomon and cinnamon and cumin seed and methi as it pops add sliced onion and brown, then add garlic, ginger and chilli paste, fry for few seconds now add Palau masala and cumin powder with little bit of water, give a good stir and add chicken, salt to taste and 1 cup water and let it cook until water dries up.
When the chicken is cooked now you can add washed rice and stir it until all mix well, throw in coriander and 8 cups of water. Place the pot on hot plate (tawa) and slow the heat to lowest and let it cook for 1 and ½ hours. When Palau is ready sprinkle rest or coriander on top and its ready to serve.