- 1 whole medium size chicken (cut into curry pieces, wash and put aside)
- 1 onion
- Garlic, ginger and chilli paste (it’s according to your taste)
- Salt to taste
- 5 cloves
- 5 whole cardomon
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- ½ cup coriander
- 3 tbsp Palau masala
- 4 cups Basmati rice (measuring rice cooker cups)
- 8 cups warm water (only to add when cooking Rice and meat together)
- 1 cup extra water for cooking meat.
- 4 tbsp olive oil or any cooking oil
- 2 tbsp ghee
Heat oil and ghee together in a big pot; throw in gloves, cardomon and cinnamon as it pops add sliced onion and brown, then add garlic, ginger and chilli paste, fry for few seconds now add palau masala with little bit of water, give a good stir and add chicken, salt to taste and 1 cup water and let it cook until water dries up.
When the chicken is cooked now you can add washed rice and stir it until all mix well, throw in coriander and 8 cups of water. Place the pot on hot plate (tawa) and slow the heat to lowest and let it cook for 1 and ½ hours. When Palau is ready sprinkle rest or coriander on top and its ready to serve.